House Portraits

Saturday 12 January 2013

OCEAN - one day project

As some of you might know, I've been exploring creative boundaries recently and experimenting with ways to well, diminish them. One of the most common creativity stiflers (don't know if that's a word but it is now!) is fear of something not going right. So I've decided today that I'm going to do a little experiment to face the fear of doing something that might fail and it being public. Maybe some people always work like this but I'm fairly new to blogging and tweeting so I've never done this before. I'm going to blog as I respond to this week's word from Illustration Friday - Ocean. Wish me luck...


12.30 pm
I want there to be a little rowing boat involved.

I had an idea last night about ways to combine illustration with reality, the way I combined imagination with reality whilst playing as a child. I want to open out from how I normally work flat on paper/screen and start bringing in other elements and materials. So I thought the old Blue Peter toilet roll might be a good thing to start with..! This is all the rough plan I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment